Empowering Patients to Make Informed Decisions About Their Health
The Mardigian Wellness Resource Center mission is to empower patients, families and the general public to make informed decisions about their health and communicate effectively with clinicians. It is a free-of-charge, full-service library with a comprehensive collection of print and audiovisual resources on all aspects of cardiovascular health and wellness in patient-friendly language. Topics include: diseases and conditions, treatments methods, healthy lifestyle, stress reduction, and heart disease prevention. You may also search our catalog of resources online.
Visitors to the MWRC may:
- Select brochures and handouts from a large collection of short print publications.
- Check out Books, DVDs and/or CDs.
- View medical models that illustrate the heart anatomy and several cardiovascular conditions.
- Request a librarian expert search on complex medical questions or state-of-the art therapies.
- Obtain information guides that aid in locating reliable print and Internet based information resources about cardiovascular health.
- Use a computer to surf the web, check email or update a carepage.
- Make copies and/or send a fax in the business resource center.
Visit Our Gift Shop or Contact Us
The Mardigian Wellness Resource Center also includes a “FRIENDS” gift shop that offers a variety of Gift items including willow tree angels, books & magazines, jewelry, U-M gift ware & clothing and heart-healthy snacks
The Wellness Resource Center is located in Room 2101 Level 2 of the Cardiovascular Center, off of the atrium right next to the café. It is open Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4:30 pm. For more information, call 734-232-4120 or send us an email.