About Yoga at Domino's Farms
Due to COVID-19, this class is not currently offered.
Our certified teachers guide participants in a gentle flowing practice to improve flexibility, mobility, range of motion, and mindfulness. Our classes are for patients comfortable going from the floor to standing and back to the floor without assistance. We do balance poses at the wall. We help students explore flowing yoga that is appropriate for their body and health, showing modifications as needed. Classes meet in our medically-supervised Fitness Center.
All adults are welcome, classes are not limited to cardiology patients. The cost is $40 per month for unlimited classes.
Each session will include:
- Personal instruction and alignment adjustments
- Discussions about the benefits of yoga
- Safe progression of postures and techniques
- Balance, flexibility and strength postures
- Breathing and relaxation techniques for stress management
Class Times and Location
The classes meet in our medically supervised Fitness Center at the following times:
- Mondays: 12:00-1:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 2:30-3:30 pm
- Wednesdays: 7:00-8:00 am, 12:00-1:00 pm
- Thursdays: 2:30-3:30 pm
Cardiovascular Medicine at Domino's Farms
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr
Lobby A Ste 1300
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-0363
Please contact Kari Smith, M.Ed and certified yoga instructor, at 734-998-5670 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll; physician clearance is required.
- Reduces stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue
- Decreases physiological arousal: reducing the heart rate, lowering blood pressure, and easing respiration
- Yoga improves circulation by efficiently moving oxygenated blood to the body’s cells, increases endurance, and improves oxygen uptake during exercise
- Reduces pain for many conditions, e.g. cancer, arthritis, headaches, back and neck pain
- Strengthens muscles, esp. the muscles around the spine so posture is improved, alleviating back, shoulder, and neck pain
- Improves poor sleep
- Improves mood and quality of life
- Less age-related weight gain, as yoga encourages a positive self-image
- Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Improves immune system function
- Holding postures lengthens muscles, giving the body a longer, leaner look
Updated January 2019