The Adult Heart Transplant & LVAD Support Group is open to pre- and post-heart transplant patients and their families, as well as those who have Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) or who are considering getting an LVAD. The group offers social and emotional support as well as educational information.
Support Group Information
- When: Meets first or second Monday (note day change) of every month, 10:00 am - noon (see below for dates)
- Where: Room UH 2C 108 (second floor, University Hospital across from the Gift Shop). The nearest parking structure is P2.
- Who: For more information, call Ruth Halben, LMSW (734) 763-9788 (or Pager 9708), Rebecca Congdon, LMSW (734) 764-6205,
or Jessica Singer, LMSW (734) 615-7625.
- What: Social and emotional support, educational information and light refreshments
- Cost: Free
2019 Support Group Dates
- January 7
- February 4
- March 4
- April 1
- May 6
- June 3
- July 8 (second Monday)
- August 5
- September 9 (second Monday)
- October 7
- November 4
- December 2
View or download the 2019 Heart Transplant-LVAD Support Group schedule.
More Support Groups
Visit the Events and Support Groups page for an overview of support groups offered through the Frankel Cardiovascular Center.