The University of Michigan Frankel Cardiovascular Center will be a premier center creating an understanding of cardiovascular disease across the life span, through multidisciplinary collaboration between clinicians and scientists to achieve:
- Superior compassionate patient and family-centered care
- Innovative science and discovery
- Excellence in education
The University of Michigan Frankel Cardiovascular Center will be the best academic heart and vascular center in the world.
Our Core Values
We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching the Michigan Medicine core values:
- Caring - Serving the needs of our patients, families, and each other is our first priority.
- Teamwork - The complex needs of our patients are best served by working together.
- Integrity - We build trust with our patients and each other by adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- Innovation - We continually search for new solutions for the problems of patients and society.
- Excellence - We provide the very best care available.
See the Patient and Family Centered Care page for more information about our core values and how they affect our patient care.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We, at the Frankel Cardiovascular Center, believe that delivering the very best heart and vascular care in the world can only be achieved through a culture of respect for one another and by celebrating the diversity of our patients, their families, and our workplace community. We strive to inspire an equitable and inclusive environment that welcomes and respects individuals from all races, ethnicities, gender identities, religions, beliefs, abilities, appearances, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Diversity is at the heart of our values, improving patient outcomes, enhancing our work culture, and optimizing health care.