The University of Michigan is committed to providing the highest quality health care as well as outstanding service concerning insurance and patient billing. To ensure that the billing process goes smoothly, please:
- Provide a current phone number, address, and most recent insurance information.
- Understand your insurance benefits, limitations and procedures.
- Be prepared to make payment at the time of service for co-pays and non-covered services if your insurance company requires a co-pay or
Our team is available to assist you with all aspects of your financial aspects of your care:
For billing & insurance questions:
Local Call: 734-615-0863
Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm
To update your account information:
Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 7 pm
Saturday 8 am - 1 pm
Questions About Estimated Out-of-Pocket Costs?
If you have questions related to estimates for out-of-pocket costs, please visit our Estimates for Out-of-Pocket Costs page on UofMHealth.org.
Insurance & Financial Assistance
The Samuel and Jean Frankel Cardiovascular Center accepts most insurance plans including various managed care plans. We recommend that you check with your health plan to determine health care coverage at the University of Michigan before scheduling your hospital or clinic visit. To learn if your insurance is accepted by the University of Michigan Health System, visit our Insurance Plans page.
University of Michigan Health System’s policy supports medically necessary health care for all people, regardless of their ability to
pay. MSupport is our financial support program that may help you if you are uninsured, have limited or exhausted benefits. For more information about MSupport visit our Financial Assistance page.
Contact Patient Customer Service at 1-855-855-0863 to make arrangements if you cannot pay your balance in full. All patients are responsible for balances due on their accounts, and payment is due upon receipt of the bill. UMHS employs third-party collection agencies to help us resolve
Pay Your Bill Online
Please note that because of security measures, you cannot pay bills through the MyChart app for Apple or Android
- Login in or request an activation code to the patient portal (MyUofMHealth.org)
Note that requests for an activation code can take up to 3 days.
- Select “Billing & Insurance” tab of the portal
- View your billing account summary, which includes information about any hospital and professional services received after February 1, 2012.
- If you have an outstanding balance on an account, click Pay Bill to pay online using a credit card.