Empowering Patients to Make Informed Decisions About Their Health
The Mardigian Wellness Resource Center mission is to empower patients, families and the general public to make informed decisions about their health and communicate effectively with clinicians. It is a free-of-charge, full-service library with a comprehensive collection of print and audiovisual resources on all aspects of cardiovascular health and wellness in patient-friendly language. Topics include: diseases and conditions, treatments methods, healthy lifestyle, stress reduction, and heart disease prevention. You may also search our catalog of resources online.
Visitors to the MWRC may:
- Select brochures and handouts from a large collection of short print publications.
- Check out Books, DVDs and/or CDs.
- View medical models that illustrate the heart anatomy and several cardiovascular conditions.
- Request a librarian expert search on complex medical questions or state-of-the art therapies.
- Obtain information guides that aid in locating reliable print and Internet based information resources about cardiovascular health.
- Use a computer to surf the web, check email or update a carepage.
- Make copies and/or send a fax in the business resource center.
Contact the Mardigian Wellness Resource Center or Visit Our Gift Shop
The Mardigian Wellness Resource Center is located in Room 2101 of Level 2 of the Cardiovascular Center, off of the atrium right next to the café. It is open Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4:30 pm. To contact the Wellness Resource Center, call 734-232-4120 or send us an email.
The Resource Center space includes a “FRIENDS” gift shop that offers a variety of gift items including willow tree angels, books & magazines, jewelry, U-M giftware and clothing, and heart-healthy snacks. To contact the gift shop, call 734-232-4118.